Wow, have we ever been busy! Trick riding blew us away with some of their amazing tricks. Everyone that participated did such an amazing job! Check out some of the cool videos on our Facebook page! We rocked out some hardcore Dressage lessons yesterday and the day before that we hosted our annual tack sale. We also hung out with 6 very cool kids for a week long youth horse camp (so.much.glitter.).
We have some fun stuff in the works for this spring (yes, it may be a snow storm today in the middle of April but have hope Michigan people!). Horse yoga is next month. Yes, you can do yoga on your horse!! Don’t have a horse? Message us, we have a few 😉
Brain and Will are coming out in June (if you barrel race in MI then you probably know that name!) so register now for the clinic. It is already filling up!
We have a fuzzy show at the end of this month and this time we are allowing pre-registration. So sign up now for your classes!!
Jumping Jackpot Schooling show is April 14th. It will be a fun, laid back show where you can jump for some $$$. Then the very next day you can come ride in our fun show! Some of those classes are more for the staff’s enjoyment of watching you guys try the crazy things we come up with 😛
April 28th you can make some $$ in our jackpot speed show. You get money back for more than just barrels!
The 29th isn’t as exciting because it’s SPRING CLEANING DAY. But if you help we might buy you lunch and let you play with ponies. Plus we are pretty amusing to be around, so its like a running comedy show. At least we think we are.
So much fun coming and we have only started scheduling it! Stay tuned for more and come out and join us!!!
With one more Fair week down, Oakland County now moves into the Grand Finale weekend show. Groveland Equestrian Center will have many Youth riders competing, along with a few adults. If you are interested in joining us, please contact Vanessa at 248-459-5515 to reserve your spot on the trailer.
The showbill may be found on http://www.oakhc.org/2010_show_bill_12.html, listed rules noted below:
2016 Oakland County Open Horse Show Circuit
ALL SHOWS START PROMPTLY AT 8:30 AM
RAIN OR SHINE
1. 4-H RULES APPLY— No Stallions
2. JUDGE’S DECISION IS FINAL
3. NO REFUNDS
4. A current year Negative Coggins Test is required.
5. Exhibitor’s age as of January 1st of the current year.
6. 5-8 year olds must adhere to the 4-H Cloverbud guidelines. All 5-8 year olds must wear helmets.
7. Exhibitor must show in age appropriate group.
8. Ponies must ride in age Division.
9. No Novice Horses in 12 & Under classes.
10. Stalls are available for $15.00/day. No reservations will be taken. ALL STALLS MUST BE STRIPPED. $5.00 refunded after stall check. PLEASE PUT MANURE IN SPREADER and TRASH IN GARBAGE CANS.
11. Trailer-in fee $5.00 per Horse
12. Camping/Electrical use is $12 per day.
13. Lunch breaks to be announced. Food concessions will be available.
14. Entries close 2 classes preceding class entering ring.
15. The Committee has the right to split, combine or cancel classes and to break all High Point ties.
16. Back number is 1 Horse/1 Rider combination
17. Challenge entry fee $10. Minimum 4 entries required to hold class. No ribbons. Payout 25% to 1st, 15% to 2nd and 10% to 3rd places.
18. Gymkhana Jackpot – Daily $10 fee per rider. Best overall time for each event wins share of pot. Pot is split evenly for Cloverleaf, Indiana Flag Race, Key Hole, Pole Bending and Speed & Action classes.